Saturday, August 23, 2008

DAY 301: Day 1 off in Kalbarri




Weds 20th August 2008
Sunny intervals / cloudy 25 deg C
Elevation of /destination 5m
Distance to date 18667 km (11667 miles)

It felt unfamiliar sharing a room with others but I slept reasonably well nevertheless. After leisurely breakfast watching the Olympics highlights and chatting I got on with maintainance tasks such as washing and other mundane but essential stuff.
I did very little today actually, a real chill-out day, and thoroughly enjoyed it too. I did rouse myself to go for a stroll along the beach in the afternoon, before doing a little grocery shopping at IGA. I enjoyed the friendliness of the hostel; people coming and going and chatting about experiences. I cooked for myself in the hostel and had a couple of beers and a little wine - nothing more to report!

No comments: